How long does it take to repair an air conditioner?
Before delving into how long it takes for AC repair in Lewisville, keep in mind that it also depends on the issue at hand. An air conditioner replacement will take between 4 and 8 hours on average. If you replace both your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously, the job will take 8 to 14 hours. The time required depends on these factors:
- Broken ductwork: Repairing damaged or leaky ductwork can take days rather than hours. This is because the problem areas must be located through walls. Larger homes or structures may take weeks rather than days.
- Strange sounds or banging noises: Do you hear odd sounds or banging noises coming from your air conditioner? The good news is that replacing a belt only takes a few hours. While this type of AC repair in Lewisville is minor, ignoring it can be a significant problem.
- Dirty filters: To replace the air filter, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. The frequency you must change will vary depending on the manufacturer. Checking for light passing through is easy to tell if it’s time to clean it. If there is no light, it is time to change the bulb.
- Compressors: If the compressor fails, the air conditioner will not be able to cool your home. When there isn’t enough refrigerant, your compressor can overheat and stop working. If there is too much refrigerant, it will return to the compressor and cause it to fail.
- Refrigerant: If your air conditioner’s coolant begins to leak, it will not function properly. The temperature may fluctuate as a result of this. The location of the leak will also affect the cost of the repair. Allow a trained specialist to inspect the situation to help prevent this from happening.
How often should one have the air conditioner serviced?
It’s good to have an air conditioner professional inspect your system to postpone AC replacement in Lewisville. They should come at least once a year to ensure that everything is in working order. Even if you don’t believe there is a problem, you should have them come and look.