HVAC tune-up checklist items include:
- Examine and clean the burners.
- Examine filters.
- Examine the carbon monoxide levels.
- Examine the contractors and relays for wear.
- Change the refrigerant levels.
- Examine the pressure and temperature.
- Examine the safety devices and controls.
- Evaluate emergency shut-offs.
- Examine the ductwork.
- Cleaning of the drain line.
- Examining the heat exchanger cracks.
Factors that may influence the AC tune-up cost:
- Maintenance frequency.
- Your home’s square footage.
- The AC unit’s age.
- The size of the ductwork.
- Your AC’s model and complexity.
How often should one tune up the air conditioner?
- Regardless of the type of HVAC, you should have an AC tune-up in Lewisville, TX, at least once a year. It is recommended that you tune up your air conditioner in the spring and your heating unit in the fall.
- Having a skilled professional inspect the system before it gets too hot in spring will save you from waiting for an AC repair in the middle of summer. For the same reason, you should get a furnace tune-up before winter.
- If anything needs to be repaired, you won’t be caught without a working heater in your home during a cold spell.
- An hour is usually required to tune up an HVAC unit. But, the duration varies depending on the configuration of your unit. If the refrigerant is needed, tune up your unit for an additional 30 to 45 minutes.
- You should take the best care of your heating and cooling system by having an AC tune-up in Lewisville, TX, by a professional HVAC company.
Why should you get an HVAC tune-up?
If we couldn’t back it up with solid reasoning, we couldn’t tell you to get an AC service in Lewisville, TX. Tune-ups can help you save money and extend the life of your air conditioner. If something is wrong with your HVAC system and it isn’t fixed during a tune-up, running it with a problem could cause additional damage and cost you more money in the long run. Catching problems during a tune-up can also help your system last longer because undiscovered issues don’t last as long – and tune-ups also ensure your HVAC system is running at peak efficiency.
Ashford Mechanical provides low-cost preventive maintenance service contracts that include cleaning and servicing your HVAC unit and replacing your air filter. We offer discounts and give preventative maintenance customers priority scheduling if an issue arises during our busy season. Give us a call today at 469-444-0628 and we will assist you in AC service in Lewisville, TX