A furnace is a part of our life and our family. Knowing how it works and understanding its requirements is our responsibility so that it can keep us warm in return.
Besides knowing the basics of a furnace, you need to know the features and functions that can help you out in times of emergency. You must learn to use the reset button, which can save you a lot of trouble provided you follow the necessary steps and precautions while doing it.
How To Reset The Furnace
It is a simple process, whether you have an electrical unit or unit run by gas. Try looking into the manual if you cannot find the button. The following steps will help you out in the process.
- Switch off the power button. However, if your furnace doesn’t have one, put down the circuit breaker and locate it inside the blower housing.
- If you have a gas furnace, switch off the gas control while turning down the thermostat setting. Keep the pilot gas supply line open, and turn off the main supply. For furnaces with sealed pilot compartments, press the red button right under the pilot or seal to start and turn on the power. Open the main gas supply and press reset. We advise holding it for at least 30 seconds.
Reasons Why The Reset Button Is Tripping,
Don’t panic once you fail to reset your furnace. Try again, and if it doesn’t work, consider looking into the following issues:
- Common in gas and oil-run furnaces, constant loss of fuel might be the reason why your reset button is tripping.
- Blocked pipes, ducts, valves, and closed supply lines.
- Sudden shutdown due to untimely maintenance.
- Old air filters that haven’t been cleaned or replaced in a long time, straining on your furnace.
If all this is too complicated, do not hesitate to call an expert for furnace repair in Lewisville. Better careful than sorry!
Furnace Restart Button Solutions
You need to first troubleshoot the furnace restart button before coming up with a solution. Once you know where the problem lies, fix it accordingly.
- Allow the furnace to completely shut down and cool off before restarting.
- Unclog gas supply or fuel supply lines that might be jammed.
- Replace dirty air filters that might be blocking airflow.
- Clean flame sensors.
Call For Professional HVAC Experts.
Trying out DIY methods does not usually work here. It might worsen the condition of your unit since only an expert can look at where the problem truly lies. Find reliable furnace repair in Lewisville with great maintenance and service benefits. We focus on improving the quality of your air and domestic life.
We have a wide range of brands that guarantee to never make you go through the troubles of changing climate conditions. If you already have a unit that needs fixing, furnace service in Lewisville from Ashford Mechanical is the best HVAC contractor in town, as approved by community members. Our honest and reliable services are available by calling us at (469) 444-0628 or scheduling an appointment online.